Issues To Be Addressed Within Divorce
There are a number of issues to be addressed during the divorce process. The facts and circumstances of each case will determine the specific issues to be addressed. These issues may include:
– How will personal property be divided?
– How will retirement and other financial accounts be divided?
– How will marital debt be apportioned?
– Who will be awarded the marital homestead, and is any equity equalizer payment due to the other party?
– How will other marital assets be divided?
– Will a professional valuation be necessary to determine the value of any of the marital assets, and how will that valuation be paid for?
– Will either party be awarded spousal maintenance? If yes, how much and for how long?
– How will we file federal and state taxes for the year of the divorce? How will we apportion any taxes owed, or divide any refund?
– Who will be awarded physical and legal custody of the minor children? Will custody be shared jointly, or will one party have sole custody?
– What is the parenting time schedule for the children?
– Who is covering medical insurance for the children?
– Who will be awarded the dependency exemption?
Speak To An Edina, Minnesota, Divorce Attorney
For additional information about the issues that are handled throughout the divorce process, get in touch with our office today. We can be reached through an online contact form or by calling 612-568-5967.