An uncontested divorce is one where both spouses file a joint petition and stipulation in which they set forth the issues of their divorce and how they have decided to address each of those issues. Issues to be decided may include:
- Custody, parenting time and holiday schedules for shared children
- Child support
- The division of debts and assets
- The division of retirement accounts
- Spousal maintenance
- The disposition of the marital homestead and the transfer of its title
- The determination of nonmarital interests
Once the parties reach an agreement on each issues of their divorce, the joint petition and stipulation is drafted, along with other documents that may be necessary to effectuate the terms agreed upon, which are then filed with the court.
To determine if an uncontested divorce is right for you and your spouse, contact Hill Crabb, LLC, to schedule a consultation. We can be reached by calling 612-568-5967 or by completing the online contact form.