Hill Crabb Attorneys Photo
Hill Crabb Law Firm

Your Guides To The Next Chapter Of Life

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Contempt


Contempt occurs when a party, after receiving a copy of a court order, willfully refuses or fails to follow or abide by the terms of the court order without good reason. If the opposing party in your case is refusing or failing to follow your court order, Hill Crabb, LLC, can help you seek relief from the court by filing a motion to hold the opposing party in contempt in an effort to compel them to follow the terms of the court order. Because a court can order a party be placed in jail unless they to comply with an order, contempt is a two-part process.

The attorneys at Hill Crabb, LLC, will make the appropriate arguments at each step of the process to help you obtain the relief you seek. To learn if your situation calls for a contempt action, contact us to schedule a consultation. We can be reached through the online contact form or by calling 612-568-5967.